Monday, March 23, 2009

My TM blog


Welcome to my Toastmasters blog!


The journey in Toastmasters is interesting and valuable for any member. I have created this blog to keep track of my activity in TM and hopefully provide some useful links and tools for any one interested in TM.


The basic concept in Toastmasters is that you can improve any skill by practicing and the program provides a good framework to work with. There is no other false promise but simple fact that 'practice, practice and practice' is the mantra of TM.
If you are searching for a club, you should look for the following:
  • Of course, convenience like location, time and duration of the meetings
  • Size of the club - a good size of attendance is needed to really practice public speaking
  • Atmosphere - How friendly are members and officers. Do they run it like a business?
Star Search Toastmasters club is one of the best clubs in the Fremont, CA. area. As of 2009, it has won Presidential Distinguished Club Award 8 times in a row. In the first visit itself I was completely attracted by the friendliness of the people and positive energy among members. After joining in Oct 2005, I have served as the Treasurer in 2007-08 and became the President of the club for the term 2008-09. I chose to serve in this role as I thought this would give me the maximum opportunity in a short time to enhance my public speaking skills as well as it gives me an opportunity to take a leadership role in a non-profit organization. I am glad that I had all these opportunities and have been enjoying all roles and especially the company of fine people.



Best regards,
Shashi

No comments:

Post a Comment